August 1, 2015 is the deadline to purchase applications for the following drawings: Fall Turkey, Upriver Sturgeon, Bobcat, Otter, and Fisher.
Purchasing your license is easy!
The Online Licensing Center is a convenient way to:
- Purchase recreational licenses, stamps and approvals
- Purchase a duplicate safety education certification
- Pay application fees for hunting, fishing and trapping permits
- Submit application choices and check preference points
- Purchase a recreational vehicle trail pass
- Reprint a previously purchased internet 'printable' license
- Update your customer information
To begin, you will need to provide required information that will assist us in locating your DNR Customer account. If this is your first time visiting this site or you do not know your
DNR Customer Number,
Wisconsin state law requires that you provide your
Social Security Number.
A nonresident can set up a customer account using their SSN and DOB. A resident can set up an account using their drivers license, SSN and DOB. If you are a resident and do not have a drivers license,
you will need to visit an agent location to provide proof of residency. Nonresident aliens who are not U.S. citizens can create a DNR customer record by providing their Visa or Passport # in lieu of a SSN.
State and Federal law allow customers who are U.S. citizens, but do not have a SSN, to submit a sworn affidavit in lieu of a SSN. Affidavit forms are available at DNR Service Centers.
Delivery of Licenses Purchased on the Internet:
Depending on the type of license you purchase, you may be required to print your license. Other licenses will be mailed to you within 7 days.
You will need
Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher to view and print any printable
license. Click here to find out if your PDF software is compatible.
Please be patient as your PDF license loads, this can take up to 60 seconds.
There will be a convenience fee added to your purchase. The fee is based on the type of item that you purchase, rather than the number of items
- $1.00 when all items purchased can be printed by the customer
- $3.00 when some or all items purchased must be sent to the customer by mail
A convenience fee is not charged to update your customer information or to reprint a previously purchased internet printable license.